- The Center for Corporate Citizenship at Boston College is a leading resource on corporate citizenship, providing research, executive education, consultation and convenings on citizenship topics. Their mission is to establish corporate citizenship as a business essential, with the goal that all companies act as economic and social assets by integrating social interests with other core business objectives.
- Chief Exeutives for Corporate Purpose (CECP) is the only international forum of business CEOs and Chairpersons pursuing a mission exclusively focused on corporate philanthropy.
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) provides information, tools, training and advisory services to make corporate social responsibility an integral part of business operations and strategies.
- Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support provides a forum for international grantmaker support organizations to engage in dialogue.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy is a periodical about charitable giving.
- Philanthropy News Digest provides a compendium of philanthropy related articles and features from print and electronic media outlets nationwide.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review shares substantive insights and practical experiences that will help those who do the important work of improving society do it even better.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy is a national organization focused on families engaged in philanthropy and their effective giving.
- Alliance for Justice is a national association of public interest organizations spanning a range of issues, including civil rights, social justice, and consumer and environmental protection. The Alliance promotes a fair and independent judiciary and strengthens public interest advocacy. The Foundation Advocacy Initiative (FAI) is project of the Alliance that addresses barriers to foundations funding nonprofit engagement in public policy work through workshops, technical assistance, and plain language publications.
- BoardSource Board Source is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness of nonprofit organizations by strengthening their boards of directors.
- Center for Effective Philanthropy is a nonprofit research and educational organization whose mission is to provide foundation executives and trustees the management and governance tools needed to define, assess, and improve overall foundation performance.
- The Communications Network The Communications Network promotes communications as an essential and integral component of grantmaking by providing leadership on the strategic role of communications in philanthropy, enhancing the communications capacity of grantmakers and offering grantmakers the services and resources to communicate more effectively both internally and externally.
- Council on Foundations is based in Washington and supports the work of grantmaking foundations and corporations worldwide.
- United Philanthropy Forum is comprised of the nation’s regional associations of grantmakers, the Forum network promotes expanded, effective philanthropy by enhancing the capacity of regional associations.
- Foundation Center conducts and reports on extensive research in the field of philanthropy.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is a community of grantmakers working to define grantmaking practices that improve grantee performance.
- Guidestar is a free database of information about nonprofit organizations.
- Independent Sector is a national forum focused on nonprofits and philanthropy.
- Nonprofit Law Resource Library contains legal information about nonprofit and foundation issues.
- Urban Institute gathers data, conducts research, evaluates programs, offers technical assistance overseas, and educates Americans on social and economic issues.
- Philanthropy Roundtable is a national association based on the principles that voluntary private action offers the best means of addressing society’s needs, and that a vibrant private sector is critical to creating the wealth that makes philanthropy possible.
- Better Business Bureau: Accountability Standards Accountability standards set forth by BBB for evaluating charities