Membership in Philanthropy Colorado is open to a broad spectrum of philanthropic organizations and individual givers interested in being part of our network. The following organizations are eligible for membership:
- Private foundations, including family foundations (either professionally staffed or family managed), independent foundations, and charitable trusts
- Community foundations
- Operating foundations
- Corporate foundations/corporate giving programs
- Federated funds/workplace giving programs
- Government grantmaking agencies
- Donor-advised fund holders
- Organized giving circles with a grantmaking program
- Individual philanthropists (Please see separate application here)
All members must meet the following criteria:
- An organization’s core interest in joining is a desire to learn and improve its giving/investing practices and to work with other members to strengthen the field;
- Applicant can demonstrate it has an organized giving program or is in the process of developing one;
- Applicant carries out a broad mission of philanthropy.
Download Membership Application
Already a Member?
Create your log-in to access member resouces & register for programs
In addition to our regular membership categories, Philanthropy Colorado offers an associate membership level for: ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
- Philanthropic advisors and consultants that are engaged on a paid basis for programmatic, management, governance, or strategy consulting to organizations and/or individuals that are eligible Philanthropy Colorado members;
- Attorneys and CPAs working with foundations and philanthropists are also eligible for associate membership for the purposes of participating in relevant peer groups and attending membership-wide networking and learning events.
Associate members must be established and able to provide references from such eligible grantmakers for paid engagements within past two years. For details on membership benefits for associate members, please see link to membership application.
Associate members receive the following member benefits:
- Access to e-newsletters with member news, philanthropic resources and policy and sector updates;
- Invitations to register for member programs including the Annual Meeting, Powering Partnerships Luncheon, Advocacy Day at the Capitol, networking events, training and skills workshops;
- Ability to join select peer-to-peer learning groups, as appropriate.
Download Associate Membership Application here.
"The Philanthropy Colorado programs and communications for staff and trustees, as well as in-depth conversations among CEOs, offer insightful, accurate, and thought-provoking information on the key local and national issues facing our broad field today. It is clear that the goal is to support our doing deeper and more impactful work from a range of perspectives."
Lauren Y. Casteel (she/her)
President, The Women's Foundation of Colorado