San Luis Valley nonprofits working in Arts & Culture, along with the broader SLV community, have been hard hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Community Foundation of the San Luis Valley is announcing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the SLV Arts & Culture Response Fund.
The Community Foundation of the San Luis Valley will award grants (from $500 to $2,500) to SLV nonprofits working in Arts & Culture. The grant deadline is Friday, October 2 at 5pm and grants will be awarded by Friday, October 16. The full grant timeline and process is below.
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the RFP, please feel free to call (719.679.2970) or email (CFSLV123@gmail.com).
The SLV Arts & Culture Response Fund will operate as follows:
-September 25 RFP Public Launch
-October 2 Application Deadline
-October 2-16 Application Review and Final Recommendations
-October 19 Grant Agreements
- Preference will be given to organizations currently participating in Colorado Gives Day, but the RFP is open to any SLV nonprofit organization working in Arts & Culture.
- Grants will range from $500 to $2,500.
- Funding in all six counties (Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande, Saguache) of the SLV.
- Grants will be awarded for General Operating Support.
- The application process will consist of three questions:
- How has your organization been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What is your proposed project?
- How will your project involve the local community?
- Please limit responses to one paragraph per question.
- Email grant applications to: CFSLV123@gmail.com
Eligible activities include:
- Community murals
- Live music
- Culinary arts
- Visual arts
- Folk art
- Technical Upgrades
- Other Arts & Culture related projects
Ineligible activities include:
- Direct services
- Religious activities
- Individual Artists
- For Profit Businesses
- Non-community supported activities
- Projects outside of the San Luis Valley
- Projects led by organizations outside the San Luis Valley