Effective immediately, The Colorado Trust is committing $250,000 in funding within Colorado to be used towards addressing anti-Black systemic racism.
Program areas for this funding will include:
- General operating support for organizations advocating to end anti-Black racism in systems, policies and structures
- COVID-19 personal protective equipment for protesters
- Education, toolkits and organizing support for peaceful protests
- Development and implementation of education on systemic racism
- Free mental health sessions that address racial battle fatigue and trauma
The Colorado Trust is partnering with people and organizations across Colorado to identify the most effective and efficient ways to support implementation of these initiatives. The Trust will provide more information as it becomes available, and all related grants will be listed in its online database.