Finding solutions to affordable housing in rural communities has become of increasing concern over the past several years. It is clearly not just a problem confined to urban areas or the rural resort regions of Colorado, and the problems and solutions look different in rural areas. The role of foundations in rural housing is being tested and explored for small and large scale solutions, and how to align the resources deployed with public and private capital. During this webinar, we will hear three different examples of how funders are investing their resources in rural housing solutions: a community land trust with modular homes; resident owned mobile homes; and single-family homes. We will also explore key ideas of how funders can work together to connect and align this work across the state. There will be time for participants to share out their own work and question and answer with the speakers. If you would like more information, please contact Amy Swiatek, Director of Rural and Statewide Networks, Philanthropy Colorado, at email@example.com.
- Ben L. Bynum, Portfolio Director of Program Related Investments, The Colorado Health Foundation
- Bruce Byington, Chief Impact Officer, The Colorado Health Foundation
- Jennie Rodgers, VP and Market Leader, Enterprise Community Partners (moderator)
- Mary Duvall, CEO, Thistle (invited)
- Paul Major, President and CEO, Telluride Foundation