Join Philanthropy Colorado and your colleagues in philanthropy for a deep dive on food insecurity in our state. Colorado funders have responded to urgent food access and nutritional needs that emerged in our communities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic through support of statewide emergency hunger relief fund, food banks/pantries, schools, farms and food systems, etc. The Colorado Blueprint to End Hunger is the backbone of a collaborative network of partners working to end hunger and has supported a coordinated response to the current pandemic that includes the emergency hunger relief fund along with multiple workgroups and cooperative efforts.
During this call, Dara Hessee with The Colorado Health Foundation will facilitate a series of updates and insights from these experts to look beyond the emergency response to the mid and long term needs and solutions in the rural and urban parts of our state:
- Erin Ulric with Colorado Blueprint to End Hunger on the Colorado COVID-19 Emergency Hunger Relief Fund and ongoing statewide workgroups and cooperative efforts
- Wendy Moschetti with Live Well Colorado and Matt Barry with National Western Center on the Colorado Farm and Food Systems Fund
- Vaishnavi Hariprasad with Colorado Blueprint to End Hunger and Vinnie Cervantes with Denver Alliance for Street Health Response (DASHR) on Truth and Reconciliation
- Marc Jacobsen/Ashley Wheeland with Hunger Free Colorado on Systems and Policy Change and Recovery
- Amanda Mercer with Colorado Department of Education on Summer Support and School Engagement
There will be space to ask questions and share what funders across the state are doing and thinking about in response to COVID-19 and food security. Please contact Amy Swiatek at firstname.lastname@example.org for your questions and suggestions on this upcoming call.
Log-in information will be sent to registrants prior to the online forum. Please register by Tuesday, June 16 at 10:00am to receive the information for this funders-only forum.
Funders, please make sure you are logged in to complete registration. New to our website? Click here for instructions how to set up your account.