What is philanthropy’s role in ensuring Colorado’s youngest generations have equitable access to learning opportunities — both in school and out — during and after the COVID-19 pandemic?
We led with this question during one of our earlier COVID funder calls and will revisit how philanthropy is navigating these times to best support our schools and out of school learning services now and into the future. This funder call will provide an opportunity to get timely updates and come together to share and exchange information. What are the opportunities for greater learning and partnership? What are the challenges or gaps that we can illuminate?
- Katy Anthes, Colorado Commissioner of Education, with timely updates on K-12 school districts reopening
- Allie Kimmel with the Governor’s Office on the Governor's Emergency Education Relief Fund (GEER) and Mary Seawell with Gates Family Foundation on the philanthropic partnership to provide planning funds and support to schools
- Abby Schaller with Gates Family Foundation and Tony Lewis with Donnell-Kay Foundation on the insights of the first three rounds of the COVID-19 Education Innovation Fund
- Kristin Todd with Daniels Fund on the COVID Charter School Rapid Response Fund
- Rico Munn, Superintendent, Aurora Public Schools and Mike Johnston with Gary Community Investments on the COVIDCheck Colorado partnership focused on Aurora Public Schools
There will be time for Q&A and dialogue. Come ready to share information and inquiries with your philanthropic colleagues.
Log-in information will be sent to registrants prior to the online forum. Please register by Wednesday, August 5 at 10:00am to receive the information for this funders-only forum. If there are any questions, please contact Amy Swiatek at firstname.lastname@example.org. Funders, please make sure you are logged in to complete registration. New to our website? Click here for instructions how to set up your account.