The Foundation is excited to announce the opening for a Senior Communications Officer that is responsible for the articulation, implementation and evolution of the Foundation’s content strategy, including writing, editing and marketing oversight. This role will advance our ability to communicate effectively and equitably as we center race and racial justice in our work and engage with new audiences. This position reports to the senior director of communications and external influence, and coordinates closely with all senior communications officers to lead effective strategies in support of the Foundation’s goals.
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and is highly skilled at cultivating consistent and effective messaging tactics across all Foundation content. They provide seasoned communications expertise to daily work and strategic needs of the team through strong content and a robust understanding of communications best practices, including branding, marketing, convening and engagement strategies. This position requires an aptitude in three key skill sets:
- Demonstrated success in overseeing and managing an organizational strategy for development and delivery of compelling content that centers equitable communications practices
- Excellent writing, editing and marketing experience for events, programming and ongoing external and internal communications needs such as public statements, talking points, media relations and internal communications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams and collaborate with executives, peers and staff to execute on departmental and organizational goals
Applicants should have a demonstrated passion for the power of communications to influence and move people to action toward health equity in Colorado, and an ability to proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
At minimum, applicants must have Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, English or related field and an 8-year record of successful content strategy development and oversight in a professional setting and at least 3 years’ experience successfully leading project teams. Excellent writing, editing and marketing skills are a must.
The starting range for this position is $102,500 – 120,400 per year, paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits, which are robust and include heavily subsidized medical premiums, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. We work on a hybrid schedule of three days in-office (required) and two days remote. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter on The Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes on January 30, 2023
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.