Who is Community First?
Community First Foundation has been connecting donors and innovative Colorado nonprofits since 1975. As the community foundation serving Jefferson County, we are committed to activating ideas, people, and resources so that all Jeffco communities have the opportunity to thrive. And we say “all communities” because equity and inclusion are non-negotiables. Our work is rooted in a commitment to radical listening, relentless collaboration, and constant learning. Let’s dream big and make something better today!
About the Position
As the Program Officer, you oversee impact portfolios which include grants, projects and initiatives. You’re an innovative contributor to diverse projects and you help develop, nurture, and sustain relationships with nonprofits, community members and other employees.
Can you just talk to people, and the next thing you know you have them engaged, connected, and involved in the decision-making process? Do you love getting into the details to drive a project to completion? If so, please read on as this may be just the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop community impact portfolios that include grants, projects, programs and/or initiatives, and which coordinate the use of all our tools (grants, impact investments, advocacy, fundraising, ColoradoGives, communications)
- Design and evaluate program initiatives, surveys and analyses of program activities, and develop and present materials to those evaluating the program
- Implement and manage up to three community impact portfolios
- Develop and implement grant opportunities aligned with community impact portfolio(s)
- Review and recommend grant awards and declinations based on alignment with goals and due diligence
- Serve as key contact and relationship manager for active projects in designated community impact portfolio, helping to ensure goal achievement or working with grantee to adapt work plans
- Lead community meetings and activities aligned with work portfolio or for emerging work
- Develop, nurture and sustain relationships with nonprofits, community members and other stakeholders
- Define program requirements, identify interdependencies with internal or external departments and coordinate to receive their input
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent public speaking and persuasive writing skills
- Exemplary communication ability, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Work independently as well as within a team
- Able to manage a project from conception through completion
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse projects and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Innovative thinker, with a record of accomplishment for problem-solving and developing action plans and creating impact
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, collaborate and develop consensus with staff and colleagues
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
Education, Experience, and Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent years of experience required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working with one or more of the following: diverse communities, nonprofit organizations, management, philanthropy, grantmaking, and/or program evaluation
Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation of $69,500K - $75K + up to 5% bonus and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) / retirement plan
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Employee assistance program
- Paid family leave
- Professional development assistance
- Paid holidays
- Remote work / telecommuting options
- Workplace perks
We are also conveniently located on the G-line in Old Town Arvada. Oh, and we’re pretty fun so we think you’ll like working with us.
By now you’re at the bottom of this job posting so chances are you’re probably interested in this role. If you’re hesitant because you don’t meet every requirement, but you think you’re a fit, please give it a shot and apply to: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27437443
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are valued and you belong. We are committed to maintaining the best possible environment for our employees where people can show up as their authentic selves and grow with the Foundation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace and we can only achieve this together.
In that spirit, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.