ABOUT - The Latino Community Foundation of Colorado (LCFC) is a state-based philanthropic foundation—led by Latinos and for Latinos.
We pursue civic, economic, and cultural opportunities that drive a more authentic narrative about Latinos in the state, and cement a healthy and vibrant future where all Latino Coloradans will prosper.
LCFC builds on the influence and power of Latino communities throughout Colorado by investing in civic and economic development opportunities and community health and wellness and by elevating the existing work of individual leaders, nonprofit institutions, and regional communities.
Our small and nimble Denver-based team, currently working remotely, works together closely to further the LCFC mission: “to work hand in hand with our diverse communities to create culturally responsive strategies that build influence, equity and opportunity for all Latino Coloradans.”
We seek collaborative team members who embrace our values, and are committed to racial and social justice and the advancement of Latinos throughout the state of Colorado.
THE OPPORTUNITY – The Latino Community Foundation of Colorado seeks a Program Coordinator to provide programmatic support across multiple signature programs under the purview of the Vice President of Philanthropy including Latinas LEAD, Young Latino Philanthropists, Ayuda Colorado, digital events, and more. Learn more about our programs at Latinocfc.org.
A successful candidate will possess strong administrative and project management skills and ideally have experience supporting events, projects, activities, and meetings. The right candidate will excel in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment, and clearly communicate with supervisors and co-workers at all levels. This coordinator level position is ideal for a well-organized go-getter who will have room to excel within our growing organization.
This position is full-time and reports to the Vice President of Philanthropy.
- Administrative tasks and support for multiple programs (participation in meetings, maintaining schedules, maintenance and organization of files related to both programs and grantmaking)
- Assist VP of Philanthropy with communications (internal and external) including email, conference calls, Zoom, Teams, etc.
- Serve as a connection to the community for general inquiries, outreach, and questions about LCFC programmatic work via email, telephone, or in person.
- Coordinate with Director of Grants Administration and Communications on outreach and promotion of grant-related opportunities and effectively identify grantee success stories on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with inputting and updating information in the database, generating queries, and aggregating and printing reports for campaigns/events, grantees, and community partners.
- Contribute to program research and planning. Keep current on issues related to the foundation’s mission.
- Maintain and track budgets and expenditures.
- Planning and coordination of programmatic, regional community work and special projects for related meetings and activities such as retreats and trainings.
- Support and coordinate technology needs, ensuring correct use for all operations (video platforms, conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Event support in related organization-wide events (grantee convenings, donor events, and anchor events).
QUALIFICATIONS – The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritize and stay on task, yet remain nimble and responsive to evolving priorities and needs.
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to work
- Possessing a creative approach to problem-solving
- Works quickly and effectively with multiple tasks across multiple programs.
- Strong technological skills and troubleshooting ability, including proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Teams), Google Docs and Forms, and webinar/videoconferencing tools.
- Strong aptitude for learning new and/or specialized software programs.
- A clear and direct communicator
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience building relationships and working collaboratively in a team.
- Passion for making positive, lasting change in community, and interest in the Foundation’s areas of work.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humor.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Bicultural - ability to interact in two different or disparate cultural systems. and Latino culture.
SALARY AND BENEFITS – The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $50,000. A generous benefits package is provided.
- Medical, dental and vision: 100% for employee and 50% for immediate family
- Retirement savings account with company contribution
- Generous PTO, plus 11 paid holidays
- Short/long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Professional development opportunities
The Foundation is providing a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the LCFC may pay for the position at the time of posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
HOW TO APPLY - Please complete an application and upload a cover letter expressing your interest, summarizing your relevant experience and aptitude for the position, and explaining how your contributions will help advance the mission/vision of the LCFC, along with your resume at: Job application link. Position open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - The Foundation does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment because of race, disability, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected classification in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other terms and conditions of employment. Opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants based on qualifications and job requirements.