Rose Community Foundation seeks a Philanthropy Advisor to support the charitable giving of donor-advised fundholders, including individuals, families and businesses, from an array of backgrounds and traditions. This role will help donors connect their values to their giving, develop and implement their charitable goals and priorities, and move forward in their philanthropic journeys. This individual is a relational person who truly enjoys working with others and is committed to advancing equity, justice, and social good through values-driven philanthropy. The Philanthropy Advisor is a member of the Philanthropic Services team, which is focused on growing resources for regional good, stewarding and supporting the Foundation’s donor-advised and nonprofit fundholders, and creating and sustaining philanthropic partnerships, collaborations and giving circles.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate will thrive in a mission- and values-driven, fast-paced, and multi-faceted work environment and is a highly collaborative team-player. This candidate should have excellent interpersonal and relational skills, paired with an innate curiosity about people, and a desire to help others grow in their philanthropy. We seek a candidate who is both an outstanding listener and communicator with the ability to connect, engage, and motivate others.
Across our team, we value humor, humility and self-awareness, empathy, and strong personal and professional integrity and ethics. Rose Community Foundation strives to continually evolve and has an organizational orientation towards growth and learning, so we look for team members who demonstrate flexibility and a growth mindset. The Philanthropy Advisor will contribute to a positive work environment, finding personal and professional alignment with the Foundation’s mission to advance inclusive, engaged and equitable Greater Denver communities and consistently demonstrating the Foundation’s culture and values of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion, empathy, generosity, community, and transformation through collaboration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist donor-advised fundholders in developing and implementing their philanthropic strategies through excellent service and support
- Build relationships with and serve as the primary steward for a portfolio of donors and successor advisors including fund advisors, children/grandchildren, other family members and connected professional advisors with the goal of long-term collaboration with Rose Community Foundation
- Facilitate values-based philanthropic meetings for donors and their family members, helping to translate vision into philanthropic action
- Support fundholders and the donor-advised team with issue and organizational research, due diligence and reporting, and identifying potential grantees
- Work as part of a cross-departmental team to share opportunities for donor-advised fundholders to co-fund with Rose Community Foundation in the local community
- Collaborate with members of the philanthropic services team to design and implement donor learning and engagement programs and events
- Assist in developing and advancing a prospect pipeline for new donor-advised funds
- Partner with the Director of Collaborative Giving to support and facilitate the philanthropic work of giving circles at the Foundation
- Represent Rose Community Foundation at community events and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
The Philanthropy Advisor reports to the Director of Donor Funds and Legacy Giving. The Philanthropy Advisor does not have administrative support or direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4-6 years of philanthropic, foundation, nonprofit or other relevant community-focused professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Proven track record of working effectively and sensitively across different settings, communities and issues – with people from across generations and of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and cultures
- Successful experience engaging individuals, families, business entities, or other stakeholders in effective philanthropy
- Highly organized and proactive with ability to balance stewarding a large portfolio of donor-advised funds as well as other team goals
- Skilled facilitator with experience supporting varied groups in working effectively together
- Knowledge of the Greater Denver nonprofit community and emerging philanthropic practices
- Working knowledge of donor-advised funds, other charitable vehicles offered by a community foundation including gifts of complex assets and legacy/planned giving
- Tactful with a high level of professional discretion, sound judgment, excellent people skills, and experience handling confidential information
- Excellent listener and able to help people translate their vision into action
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation communication skills including attention to detail and proactive follow-through
- Commitment to and experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Highly proficient with technology including excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Lived experiences and/or personal understanding and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and a commitment to incorporating them into internal and external work
- Commitment to the Foundation’s core values and culture
- Understanding of the unique philanthropic role of community foundations
- Basic knowledge of legacy and/or gift planning tools
- Experience with data analysis and data-driven planning
SALARY & BENEFITS
This full-time, exempt position’s hiring range is $75,000 – $85,000. Offered salary is commensurate with internal equity, internal salary ranges, local and national sector benchmarks, and candidate’s relevant qualifications, experience and skills. Rose Community Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision, and life insurance; short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan (including an annual employer contribution after one year of employment), flexible spending account, employee assistance program (EAP), generous paid time off including holidays, professional development opportunities and a matching gift program.
Fully updated office environment located in a building with a café, gym, secure indoor bike parking, covered employee parking and convenient access to parks and trails. We operate on a structured hybrid model where staff work in the office/community at least three days per week and have the option to work remotely up to two days per week. The Foundation expects all team members to be fully vaccinated (including boosters) against COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application, including a resume and cover letter, using the link below. Please upload your cover letter under “Other Documents.” Any questions about the position should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.