Community Foundation Boulder County (CFBC) seeks a Philanthropic Services Associate who shares CFBC’s vision for building a more equitable Boulder County. The ideal candidate sees philanthropy as a vehicle for community engagement and empowerment. The Philanthropic Services Associate reports to the Vice President of Philanthropic Services and is responsible for supporting development and fundraising both logistically and strategically.
About Community Foundation Boulder County
Community Foundation Boulder County is a community catalyst, responding to immediate needs and anticipating future challenges. Through informed-decision-making, we inspire ideas, ignite action, and mobilize diverse resources to improve the quality of life for everyone in Boulder County. As a collaborator and convener, we promote inclusivity and provide leadership on key issues, working with community-minded individuals and organizations that want to make a difference.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Manage and grow agency-endowed and designated funds program
• Secure corporate support for operations and other programs
• Manage the annual appeal and other appeals throughout the year
• Lead planning of trustee alumni events
• Lead planning of donor-engagement events including development of topical focus and identification of speakers
• Develop strategy to increase individual donor engagement at all levels
Philanthropic Services Strategy and Support (30%)
• Participate in creating and implementing annual Philanthropic Services Group (PSG) plan
• Create and maintain donor and prospect tracking and reporting
• Provide meeting support to PSG, including scheduling, taking minutes, and preparing and sending meeting agendas and event materials
• Build and update fundraising pages on Network for Good and Colorado Gives
• Build Excel-based reports and conduct data analysis to monitor fundraising results against budgets and report on deviations to Philanthropic Services plan
Donor Relations (15%)
• Respond to donor inquiries, which can include troubleshooting the donor portal (24/7 online portal for donor-advised fundholders)
• Lead planning of in-person and virtual events and liaise with Communications Officer to develop invitations and manage guest lists. Coordinate with Office Manager on logistics
• Manage relationships with agency-endowed fundholders
• Manage the acknowledgement process
• Oversee stewardship of Legacy Society
Philanthropic Communications (5%)
• Liaise with Communications Officer to maintain contacts within Constant Contact and curate email communications
• Manage CFBC’s general information email inbox
• Provide back-up support for Grants Administrator as needed
• Other tasks as needed.
Skills and Competencies
• Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) databases
• Fundraising experience
• Strong Excel skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills: Tactfully interact with people, adapting interaction, communication, and conflict resolution styles as necessary
• Excellent customer services skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent client orientation skills: Anticipate and meet the needs of clients, achieve quality end products, demonstrate committment to improving services, identify both internal and external customer needs and acts to fulfill these
• Ability to implement projects and bring to completion
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated competency in office administration and organizational skills as well as strong attention to detail
This is a non-exempt full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000. CFBC offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution and match, parking pass, and Limited Health Reimbursement Account (employer funding of $2,000 per year).
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in a single-file PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Philanthropic Services Associate.” Applications should be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, May 24, 2021. No calls please.
Community Foundation Boulder County is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic origin, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Community Foundation Boulder County practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.