Position Title: Non-Profit Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position Status: Full Time, exempt position
Salary Range: $65,000 - $70,000
ABOUT ART FROM ASHES
“Empowering youth through creative expression & personal transformation”
Art from Ashes (AfA) believes that creativity is innate & that every young person is a creative genius. In its 19 years, AfA has partnered with 192 youth-serving agencies & schools to provide interactive programs for more than 15,000 youth. Our creative empowerment workshops offer a healthy alternative to destructive behaviors for young people struggling with abuse & violence, poverty, racism, depression, & low personal resiliency. We open our doors & our hearts to all in the community – local & global - regardless of experience &irrespective of skill. The only “rule” is respect: engaging in active listening without judgement toward self & others.
We are seeking an Executive Director to lead AfA into its 20th year, continuing our legacy of youth empowerment & our contribution to arts & culture in Colorado.
Are you passionate about Art from Ashes mission?
Are you an excellent communicator with a love for the arts?
Will you bring wild enthusiasm to see our organization thrive?
Are you grinning from ear to ear because THIS. IS. YOU!!??
We invite you to apply today & share your uniqueness &experience with us!
The ED is responsible for providing strategic leadership of our programs, initiatives, & staff, ensuring the fulfillment of AfA’s mission & financial objectives. The ED will further develop relationships with the community, partners, & donors to continue programmatic growth & AfA’s continual progress as an inclusive organization addressing issues of justice, equity, & diversity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the organization’s primary spokesperson & youth advocate by leading key public engagements, & nurturing relationships within the community.
- Oversees communication with internal/external stakeholders, ensuring messaging amplifies the organization’s mission, programs, & impact in accordance with the organization’s values.
- Provides programmatic leadership over youth programs & adult workshops, ensuring their ongoing excellence & relevance to AfA’s mission.
- Exhibits sound fiscal budget management, with maximum resource utilization & maintenance of the organization’s positive financial position.
- Dedicates significant attention to fundraising initiatives & activities in partnership with the Fund Development team.
- Ensures relationship with current donors & funders are maintained &nurtured, while new donors are actively engaged through regular interpersonal contact.
- Provides operational leadership, overseeing strong fiscal accountability to maintain a culture of efficiency, productivity, flexibility, & accountability to the board & stakeholders.
- Ensures sound human resource & management practices & policies are in place, ensuring that staff &volunteer work experiences are conducted in alignment with AfA’s core values.
- Develops a diverse team of staff & volunteers who reflect the community they serve, &support the organization’s mission, goals, & core values.
- Exemplifies emotional fortitude to engage in courageous, compassionate, & difficult conversations
- Works closely with the AfA board to develop strategy, identify opportunities, address issues, & develop recommendations to further the organization’s impact.
- Champions, demonstrates, & applies equitable analysis to all duties in support of AfA’s commitment to advancing justice, equity, diversity, & inclusion. Pursues ongoing JEDI education & growth as an active leader & participant in advancing AfA’s work for racial, social, & economic justice.
- Supply enthusiastic leadership of youth advocacy, showing compassion, patience, &support for the youth the organization serves. Seek out & address barriers to diverse populations accessing organization’s programs.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness & actively foster an inclusive, culturally sensitive environment. Willingness to ask questions, learn, & constructively share & accept feedback.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience leading &managing strategic priorities to advance the mission & goals of a non-profit organization.
- Fundraising experience & excellent donor-relation skill.
- Strong written & spoken communication, with engaging public speaking skills.
- Expertise & experience leading an organizational culture of Diversity, Inclusivity, Equity, Access, & Anti-Racism with a vision to continually learn & evolve.
- Proactive leader that mirrors accountability of self & is comfortable holding others accountable.
- Strong work ethic, able to succeed in a high-paced, high-visibility, sometimes emotionally stressful environment
- Collaborative leadership approach & ability to successfully engage different workstyles.
- Strategic mindset with demonstrated experience in developing & supporting long-range strategic plans.
- Excellent judgement & creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation & conflict resolution skills.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the arts, performing, speaking to media & diverse audiences.
- Experience in a youth advocacy, youth mental health
- Established relationships with local community & partner organizations.
LOCATIONS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, &AVAILABILITY REQUIRMENTS
- The Art from Ashes facility is located Denver, CO. The position will require travel to area schools & partner facilities to support workshops &programs, &to participate in community events & fund raisers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to participate in day, evening, & weekend events as required.
- The physical demands described for this position are that of a typical office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of & requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. To successfully perform the job, individuals must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is eligible for:
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Flex time
Interested candidates please submit resume to:
Black, Indigenous, &People of Color (BIPOC) & others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, & members of the LGBTQIA+ community are encouraged to apply for this role.
Art from Ashes is an Equal Opportunity Employer, & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by law.