ABOUT THE DENVER FOUNDATION: Be a part of Colorado's oldest and largest community foundation. The Denver Foundation helps generous people create charitable legacies and give back to the community through Community Grants.
We support community groups and nonprofit organizations in the seven-county Metro Denver area, with an ongoing commitment to reducing disparities and promoting equity for the most vulnerable members of our community. In our work and within our team, we honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.
Racial equity guides and connects all of The Denver Foundation's work. Our vision is a Metro Denver that is racially equitable in its leadership, prosperity, and culture, and we are a catalytic leader that engages critical issues and accelerates systems change. To achieve this, we believe that all staff must be intentional in applying Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity to their practice. The ideal candidates for this position will be committed to racial equity.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology, the Information Systems Manager is responsible for the design, management, and continuous improvement of data, information, and systems across the Foundation. This position manages the development and implementation, as well as the administration, maintenance, and security of our systems. The Information Systems Manager supports business process owners with reporting, business intelligence, and technology management, as well as providing end-user training and support.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Systems Design, Management, and Continuous Improvement (70%)
- Manage the design, and implementation of data and information systems across the foundation
- Develop, implement, and maintain best practices for the ongoing management of the Foundation enterprise applications
- Manage, support and maintain the overall integrity and quality of data within the Foundation’s enterprise applications
- Optimize the use of the systems across the organization by staying current on upcoming enhancements to functionality and guiding staff
- Resolve incidents and proactively lead problem resolution related to the Foundation’s systems
- Make recommendations on hardware and software to support business goals
Reporting and User Support (30%)
- Interface with stakeholders to understand organizational data needs
- Provide input on company data standards and practices
- Develop, maintain, and run exception reports to monitor and protect the integrity of the Foundation’s data
- Compile reports and analyses from multiple systems using data reporting tools and make recommendations based on findings
- Provide assistance in all technology projects for the Foundation
- Minimum of seven years of experience within information technology
- Experience in the most current IT technologies and products
- Experience with enterprise identity management platforms
- Experience with enterprise ticket management platforms
- Experience with Microsoft management services (AD, SCCM, Azure)
- Ability to manage projects
- Excellent judgment and decision-making while balancing competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to excellent customer service to colleagues and external stakeholders
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- A learning orientation that’s focused on building a continuous improvement and learning culture through assessment of outcomes and promoting organizational change
- Ability to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and cultures
- An unwavering commitment to racial equity
- Belief in the model of community foundations
- Understanding and experience with nonprofits and fundraising and grantmaking practices
- Experience with enterprise workflow management and automation platforms
- Experience with ECM platforms
- Experience with email service migrations
- Experience working in Community Suite, GLM, SLM, GE, RE, FinancialEdge, Laserfiche, Spectrum, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position is based in an office environment with a mix of private offices and cubicles. Travel throughout the metro Denver region is an occasional possibility for this job.
- Daily communication via phone
- Frequent extended hours in front of a computer screen with or without accommodations
- Regular group and public speaking
- Occasional activities occurring outdoors
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time exempt position. The Denver Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, life, and disability insurances. The starting salary for this position ranges from $85,000 to $90,000, depending upon experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should complete the application located on our Careers page at http://www.denverfoundation.org/About/Careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
THE DENVER FOUNDATION’S ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The Denver Foundation shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.