ABOUT THE DENVER FOUNDATON: The Denver Foundation helps generous people create charitable legacies and give back to the community through Community Grants.
We support community groups and nonprofit organizations in the seven-county Metro Denver area, with an ongoing commitment to reducing disparities and promoting equity for the most vulnerable members of our community. In our work and within our team, we honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.
Racial equity guides and connects all of The Denver Foundation's work. Our vision is a Metro Denver that is racially equitable in its leadership, prosperity, and culture, and we are a catalytic leader that engages critical issues and accelerates systems change. To achieve this, we believe that all staff must be intentional in applying Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity to their practice. The ideal candidates for these positions will have an unwavering commitment to racial equity.
ABOUT THE IMPACT GROUP:
The Denver Foundation’s Impact Group is responsible for delivering exceptional outcomes to drive the Foundation’s community leadership. The Impact Group is responsible for managing all aspects of the Foundation’s revenue development, donor stewardship, grantmaking, and leadership activities around public policy, evaluation and learning, and philanthropic leadership and engagement. The Impact Group is dedicated to leveraging philanthropy and generosity to help create a more racially equitable community, in which all residents have the opportunity for a high quality of life and a voice in their futures.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy Implementation and Performance, the Impact Administrative Assistant provides support to the full Impact Group to advance the team’s effectiveness and efficiency by providing clerical and administrative support for the group’s dual constituencies of donors and nonprofits. This position supports the group’s leadership with committee coordination; document and correspondence preparation; coordination for events and convenings; and grants support and administration. The position also provides direct assistance to the CIO, Vice Presidents, and frontline relationship managers and holds primary responsibility for data entry and data maintenance for the Impact Group.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support the CIO, VPs, and Directors scheduling individual and group meetings with both internal and external constituents
- Manage logistics and preparation for all Impact Group committee meetings and reports, including working with the group’s leadership to prepare materials and taking minutes
- Meeting and event support, including but not limited to, coordinating event details with internal and external stakeholders, recording and organizing event RSVPs and day-of-event support such as preparing nametags and event collateral, and managing in-person and/or remote meeting logistics
- Primary responsibility for data entry related to the Impact Group constituents, including:
- building new constituent records according to the Foundation’s standard practices and updating constituent contact information, relationships, and preferences;
- entering contact reports, proposals, and pulling moves management reports
- Primary responsibility for department-wide accounts payable activities and for credit card coding for the leadership group
- Facilitate grantee/donor communication through the electronic acknowledgment system and any customized reporting to special project funds
- Provide direct donor support for transaction tier donors for general inquiries and online support inquiries
- Coordinate the annual appeal, including managing the timeline and working with Impact Group colleagues, communications, and outside vendors
- Aid in the coordination of public policy
- 1-3 years of experience in the nonprofit industry or in an administrative assistant role
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent problem-solving, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Proficient knowledge of the purpose and use of relationship management software
- Strong working knowledge of office processes and business process development
- Ability to work with a multitude of voices, opinions, and backgrounds
- An unwavering commitment to racial equity
- Belief in the model of community foundations
- Commitment to the philosophy of the Impact Group, bringing together all philanthropy at the Foundation
- Ability to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- Experience working in Community Suite, GLM, SLM, GE, RE, FinancialEdge, Laserfiche, Spectrum, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience using document management systems; knowledge of Laserfiche
- Knowledge and understanding of philanthropy and the nonprofit sector
- Experience in fundraising, donor relations, and/or grantmaking
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The position is based in an office environment with a mix of private offices and cubicles.
- Daily communication via phone.
- Frequent extended hours in front of a computer screen with or without accommodations.
- Occasional carrying of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Regular group and public speaking.
- Occasional activities occurring outdoors
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time non-exempt position. The Denver Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, life, and disability insurances. The starting salary for this position ranges from $40,000 to $45,000, depending upon experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should complete the application located on our Careers page at http://www.denverfoundation.org/About/Careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
THE DENVER FOUNDATION’S ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: The Denver Foundation shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.