You will be responsible for the grant processes and procedures of NextFifty Initiative. You’ll work closely and proactively with colleagues across the foundation to manage grant workflows and ensure efficient, equitable, and effective practices. This position will produce and maintain grant information and documentation, and may also participate in strategic discussions with program staff around the foundation’s grantmaking. This is a hands-on position and will require flexibility, adaptability, and a desire to learn as NextFifty Initiative continues to grow and evolve. This is primarily a remote position currently, with the expectation of moving into a hybrid in-office/remote environment in the new year. COVID-19 vaccinations are required of all NextFifty Initiative employees, prior to starting with us, and we will consider accommodations for medical or religious reasons.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Manage the foundation’s grantmaking software (Blackbaud Grantmaking) and the intake of applications and reports, and maintain accurate database records of grant schedules, amounts, payments, site visits, reporting, and closeout information.
- Respond to e-mails and telephone calls requesting information about the foundation’s grantmaking and/or the status of a proposal’s review.
- Contact applicants to request missing documents or information from grant applications or reports and provide technical assistance with application and report submissions.
- Incorporate an equity lens within the foundation’s grantmaking processes.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of the foundation’s grants management system, and proactively identify areas to increase efficiency and improve processes.
- Manage grant review and program team meeting notetaking.
- Responsible for the preparation of award letters, declination letters, and grant agreements.
- Oversee the grant requirement reminder, submission, and review processes.
- Manage the foundation’s Community Response Fund funding opportunity.
- Collaborate with the program team on topical research, data collection, and reporting related to grantmaking.
- Prepare grant-related materials for the board of trustees.
- Participate in team discussions regarding grantmaking strategies and evaluation.
- Keep current on aging-related topics and issues and grants management best practices,
- Establish and maintain ongoing interaction with professional networks and participate in relevant conferences.
- Complete special projects and assignments as needed, and provide support, when requested, for foundation activities
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of a complex process.
- Experience with database management and skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with grants management system(s) - preferred
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, best practices of grants management processes and approaches.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing, managing, and maintaining data.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse groups of people.
- Proactive and able to self-manage, prioritize work assignments across departments, manage multiple deadlines, and to represent the foundation in any given environment.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of centering equity in their approach to and the execution of their work.
- Experience working with or living within historically underserved or marginalized populations.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $60,000 - $70,000 (or $28.85/hour - $33.65/hour), depending on experience. NextFifty Initiative provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer-paid life and disability insurance, employer-matched 403b retirement plan, employee assistance program, discount pet insurance, and a generous paid time off policy.