About Bohemian Foundation:
Bohemian Foundation is a private family foundation based in Fort Collins, Colorado that works at involving our fellow citizens in the care and improvement of our community. The Foundation is home to a team of professionals who are passionate about making a difference. Bohemian Foundation is committed to the care and enrichment of our local, national, and global communities.
The Foundation accomplishes the work through grantmaking, programs, and events in our Community, Music, Global, and Civic Programs.
About the role:
In support of our mission, we are seeking an experienced Finance and Administration Director to be a strategic thought-partner reporting to our Executive Director. This newly created position will be committed to ensuring the financial integrity of the organization while leading an efficient and effective support services operations. The position will be involved in strategic planning, staff leadership, and responsible for oversight of accounting and finance, information technology, facilities functions, and other support services areas that may evolve in the future. Position will provide analytical and project management support and keep leadership abreast of noteworthy events issues in their areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with an MBA or active CPA
- Minimum of 10 years overall professional experience as a Chief Administrative Officer, Finance and Administration Director or Chief Financial Officer, and ideally 5 years of operations management experience.
Ideal candidates will also possess:
- Experience developing and maintaining finance, legal, and administrative operational systems and processes.
- Experience directly leading different business functions such as Finance, Accounting, IT, and Property Management.
- Aptitude for understanding legal matters and regulations affecting the Foundation environment together with a willingness to learn.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data and reporting for an organization.
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios, troubleshoot and make recommendations with confidence and in alignment with organizational culture and objectives.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with – programmatic colleagues who may or may not have a financial background.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; analytical, organization and problem-solving skills with a collaborative nature which supports and enables sound decision-making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external partners.
Procedure for Application:
Bohemian Foundation offers both competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you learned of the position. Position will remain active until a qualified candidate is identified. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage interested applicants to apply soon. No phone calls please.
Bohemian Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.