Title: Executive Director Status: Exempt Report to: Board of Directors Hours: 40
Job Summary: The Executive Director provides oversight for of all Adam’s Camp services and activities. Skilled management of staff while modeling the Adam’s Camp culture of transparent collaboration and teamwork is critical. The ED actively partners with the board of directors to implement the strategic plan and fundraise for the organization while cultivating donor relationships. The Executive Director is a full time, salaried position that reports to the Adam’s Camp BOD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide overall management, planning and leadership to the organization
- Model the Adam’s Camp culture and values to the Adam’s Camp staff, families, service providers and community.
- Hire and manage Therapy and Adventure Camp managers and their assistants and Volunteer Coordinator
- Hire and manage Director of Development and Communications to oversee fundraising and marketing for Adam’s Camp
- Hire and manage Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to manage office functions and database updates
- Hire and manage Finance Director to manage bank accounts, billing and receivables, payroll and taxes
Development and Fundraising
- Develop fundraising strategy and goals in partnership with BOD
- Meet fundraising goals established by BOD
- Supervise preparation of grant applications and submissions
- Support DD with all fundraising events
- Initiate and support board development of corporate and individual partnerships
- Cultivate individual donor relationships
Business Management of Adam's Camp
- Establish annual budget with BOD, Finance Director, Finance Committee
- Establishment of strategic & short term goals with BOD
- Approve financial information and reports.
- Oversee Adam’s Camp accounts to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Approve yearly audit and 990
- Approve appropriate insurance
- Evaluate performance of direct reports
Partner with Adam’s Camp Board of Directors
- Attend and organize Executive Committee meetings
- Attend and organize semi-monthly BOD meetings
- Work with Board Committees as needed
- Plan annual Board retreat
- Represent Adam’s Camp executive leader
- Conduct senior level meetings with community and business leaders
- Assist with development and design of eblasts, newsletters, program and event flyers, invitations, annual report etc.
- Approve and assist in development of new programs
- Assist in creating and implementing evaluation tools for programs and staff
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A passion for serving children and adults with special needs and their families.
- Knowledge of non-profit business and management principles of non-profit
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, minutes and reports
- Knowledge of, and ability to plan, and execute fundraising events
- Knowledge of, and ability to write grants
- Personal computer and Word, Excel and Quickbooks software skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives effectively
- Ability to lead and manage employees in a team centered environment that will continue to foster the Adam’s Camp culture and values.
- Ability to present to individuals and groups
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Four years related experience, preferably in the field of special needs
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Interested parties please send resume to Cindy Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org