The Denver Foundation is looking for a community-focused executive assistant who centers on mission-based work, and that will support the foundation’s vision, mission, and purpose. Our Executive Assistant provides support to the Chief Impact Officer (CIO) and two Impact Senior Directors, helping to promote their effectiveness and to ensure the efficient use of their time. The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief Impact Officer and supports several of the foundation’s committees, including the Advisory Committee for Community Impact (ACCI), Impact Committee, Professional Advisor Committee, and Impact Investing Committee.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado. We work on a hybrid schedule of at least two days in-office (Monday and Thursday required). The starting compensation range for this position is $24.04 to $26.44 per hour. This position is hourly, non-exempt and eligible for all of the foundation’s benefits. Benefits include paid time off, retirement (403b) contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. The starting salary will be based on experience.
The Denver Foundation is the largest and most experienced community foundation in the Rocky Mountain West. For nearly 100 years, people in Metro Denver and across Colorado have trusted The Denver Foundation to steward charitable funds to meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. In partnership with generous donors and community partners, we lead a community-wide effort to build a better future for everyone. The foundation's vision is a Metro Denver that is racially equitable in its leadership, prosperity, and culture, and we are a catalytic leader that engages in critical issues and accelerates systems change. To achieve this, we believe that all staff must be intentional in applying Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity to their practice. The ideal candidates for this position are committed to racial equity.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support, including appointment and meeting scheduling and event support, for our CIO, Impact Senior Directors, and several of the foundation’s committees. The Executive Assistant will also compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of committee meetings, and prepare and process invoices, grants, contracts, and other documents, for the CIO and Impact Senior Directors.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the following key areas:
• Experience compiling, transcribing, and distributing minutes of meetings
• Experience preparing and processing invoices and other documents, such as grants and contracts
• Experience providing meeting support, including materials and technology
• Demonstrated ability to center principles of equity in their work and to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within and across teams
• Self-directed and highly organized; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
• Demonstrated ability to achieve deadlines, remain flexible and work successfully through periods of increased volume and stress
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills
Candidates must possess the following:
• Outstanding written and verbal skills
• Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation
• Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft products
A full job description and link to apply are available on our careers page at http://www.denverfoundation.org/About/Careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor all community members' diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.