Overview of Position
Colorado Water Trust is looking for a dynamic individual with a background in nonprofit fundraising, communications, and events management to join our team as the Development and Engagement Manager. This individual will be responsible for speaking about the work of Colorado Water Trust to diverse audiences in various settings. Working in partnership with the Development and Communications Director, the position will help manage Colorado Water Trust’s fundraising efforts, plan and implement events, steward our monthly donor program, create our enewsletter, and post in our social media accounts. This position has the opportunity for upward mobility. We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and organized individual who is committed to our mission to restore water to Colorado’s rivers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated expertise in nonprofit fundraising and events.
- A background in managing monthly donors or donor circles.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- An aptitude for nonprofit communications and the managing of digital presence and social media for outreach and fundraising purposes.
- Respect for the diverse partnerships we manage as an organization with the capacity and grace to collaborate and build relationships across the state.
- High-level organizational skills and the humility to work on a small team achieving big goals – including a willingness to help each other through busy phases.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technologically savvy-helping with our annual fundraising event’s silent auction item software and other organizational tools.
- Excellent writing skills and storytelling ability.
- A desire to learn and grow in nonprofit fundraising and management and motivation to grow and advance at Colorado Water Trust.
- Love for Colorado’s rivers and some understanding of the complex system of water management in Colorado within which we work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Events Management (45%)
- Plan and manage 10-15 fundraising and outreach events each year all across the state.
- Provide presentations about Colorado Water Trust to diverse audiences.
- Organize our annual fundraiser, RiverBank, at the Denver Botanic Gardens each September.
- Procure silent auction items and arrange items in our silent auction software.
- Recruit and manage volunteers during the event.
- Coordinate the staff and board responsibilities for the event.
- Plan and execute the event with support from the staff.
- Fundraising (30%):
- Direct and promote our monthly donor Tributaries program while setting and achieving donor prospect identification, cultivation, stewardship, and retention goals.
- Process donations and issue acknowledgement letters for all organizational donations.
- Maintain Salesforce database and pull reports when needed. Work with Salesforce consultant on larger projects.
- Communications (25%):
- Create and implement our communications strategy to help promote the visibility of the Water Trust throughout the water community and beyond – in partnership with the Development and Communications Director.
- Manage social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and enewsletters to our entire base of supporters.
- Write and coordinate blog posts.
- Monitor key performance indicators for the website, social media, and email programs. Supply regular reports and suggest new strategies based on this information.
- Basic website updates using Wordpress. Work with web developer on larger projects.
Candidates must possess the following:
- At least three years of experience in a high-functioning nonprofit fundraising environment managing donors and fundraising events.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A drive to learn and grow in the world of Colorado water management and river restoration.
- Motivation to learn and grow in their role at Colorado Water Trust.
The Colorado Water Trust is an equal opportunity organization and does not allow discrimination towards employees, volunteers, or project partners based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation (including transgender status), physical or mental disability, or marriage to a co-worker in any of its actions, including hiring, discharge, promotion or demotion, review, compensation, benefits or discipline. The Colorado Water Trust will not allow discriminatory harassment or retaliation. The Colorado Water Trust will provide equal pay for equal work to persons of any sex, and it will provide accommodations based on the classes described in this anti-discrimination policy to its employees.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week, and the salary range is from $70,000 to $75,000, commensurate with experience. Colorado Water Trust offers a competitive benefits package including 100% health, vision, and dental insurance, a retirement contribution through a 403(b), flexible work/life balance, and unlimited paid time off. We are a virtual organization with a shared office space in Boulder and often require biweekly (every other week) presence at meetings.
How to Apply:
Email a resume and cover letter to Dana Hatlelid @ email@example.com.
Use the subject line: Development and Engagement Manager
Position is open until filled.