Job Title: Communications Officer
Community Foundation Boulder County (CFBC) seeks a Communications Officer who shares CFBC’s vision for building a more equitable Boulder County. The ideal candidate sees communication as a vehicle for community engagement and amplifying community voice. The Communications Officer reports to the Vice President (VP), Communications & Engagement and is responsible for all day-to-day aspects of the communications functions for the foundation. In addition, the Communications Officer will provide assistance to the VP, Communications & Engagement in the management of consultants and board committees and work collaboratively with other departments, as needed. This is a full-time, exempt position (100% full-time equivalent (FTE)).
About Community Foundation Boulder County
Community Foundation Boulder County is a community catalyst, responding to immediate needs and anticipating future challenges. Through informed-decision-making, we inspire ideas, ignite action and mobilize diverse resources to improve the quality of life for everyone in Boulder County. As a collaborator and convener, we promote inclusivity and provide leadership on key issues, working with community-minded individuals and organizations that want to make a difference.
Established in 1991, Community Foundation Boulder County currently has assets under management totaling more than of $60 million. The Foundation is governed by a board of trustees and has a staff of 14. In 2019, contributions to the foundation totaled approximately $11 million, and the foundation distributed over $9 million in grants to nonprofit organizations. The foundation has distributed more than $100 million to nonprofit organizations since its inception. For more information about Community Foundation Boulder County, reference the website at www.commfound.org.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Communications – 70%
- Participates in the overall development and execution of communication tactics;
- Facilitates communication with members of print, radio and television media;
- Evolves successful goal-oriented communication plans with support from the Marketing & Communications committee;
- Drafts and develops all content for internal and external communications including press releases, blog posts, website content, newsletters, etc.;
- Develops advertising and marketing content for the print, virtual and broadcast media;
- Develops and/or oversees all content and graphic elements of the foundation’s communications and publications, including collateral;
- Manages the website and updates content regularly;
- Manages contracts and relationships with vendors and business partners;
- Manages the company’s branding;
- Educates staff members on communication processes;
- Creates and executes marketing campaigns;
- Plans and executes all events related to foundation communications and ensures all events align with the foundation’s communication strategy.
Digital Engagement– 15%
- Manages all social media channels;
- Maintains data and analytics for all communications strategies.
Cross-Team Support – 15%
- Works with colleagues across departments to ensure timely, accurate and strategic communications;
- Collaborates with CFBC’s Philanthropic Services Group on annual appeal and related messaging.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in journalism, communications or related field;
- Experience with non-profit organizations and/or media a plus;
- Excellent computing and graphic design skills required, including Adobe Suite, Excel, Word, social media platforms and website management;
- Detail-oriented and able to efficiently organize and manage multiple responsibilities;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Demonstrates a commitment to equity and a passion for innovation;
- Able to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team in a timely manner;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Spanish fluency preferred;
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty and discretion.
This is a full-time position (100% FTE) or 40 hours per week. The salary range for this position is $60,000 -
$70,000. CFBC offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution and match, parking pass and Limited Health Reimbursement Account (employer funding of $2,000 per year).
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in a single file PDF to Hannah@commfound.org with the subject line “Comms Officer.” Applications should be submitted by 5 p.m. Monday, May 31, 2021. No calls please.
Community Foundation Boulder County is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law.
Community Foundation Boulder County practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.