SCFD Communications Manager
Job Classification: Nonexempt
Job Status: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Benefits include health insurance, vacation & sick time, 401(k) plan, 457 plan
Reports to: Executive Director
The Scientific & Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) is looking for a Communications Manager to support efforts to increase awareness of the SCFD and advance its work through social media, marketing collateral, earned media, and events. This role will strengthen communication with key audiences including funded organizations, the public, civic and elected officials and community members.
The successful candidate will be an individual who possesses integrity, is reliable, demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, organized and takes responsibility for a job well done. This position requires an ability to manage stress in a busy organization, coupled with an ability to see what needs to get done and take the initiative to do it. It also requires the ability to work productively in a small collaborative staff setting, to engage actively with many external constituencies, and the capacity to solve problems productively. This individual will pay close attention to detail to ensure accuracy, credibility, and excellence in all initiatives. The ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple projects, and meet deadlines is required. An interest in the arts, sciences, and public policy are helpful, as well as a sense of humor and constructive outlook.
Office hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday with some evenings and occasional weekends required. Flexible scheduling and hybrid in-office/remote currently available. Must possess a Colorado driver’s license, have a dependable vehicle and a good driving record for travel throughout the district’s seven counties.
Required Core Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills; including grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to develop and execute outreach strategies
- Knowledge of metrics to support strategy evaluation
- Develop intrapersonal and interpersonal relationships with a variety of external individuals and organizations in a professional manner
- Ability to use discretion with confidential and sensitive information and documents
- Strongly skilled in the Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact and social media platforms
- Strong oral communication skills in a variety of settings and group sizes
- High level of professionalism with a strong work ethic
- Accountability and responsibility
- Help define and execute the overall strategy and communication plan
- Maintain contact lists for media, elected officials, and grantees
- Oversee the design, compilation, and distribution of the SCFD Annual Report, fact sheets, free day cards, newsletter and other SCFD collateral as needed
- Develop and maintain a pro-active Speakers’ Bureau
- Coordinate communications strategies for SCFD stakeholders
- Collaborate on message development and dissemination
- Localize and pitch media stories and releases
- Build and manage a social media strategy
- Update website and social profiles as needed/directed
- Coordinate production of SCFD annual public events
- Assist with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
NOTE: Duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities may be modified at any time. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Educational and Work Experience Requirements
- This position requires at least three years of work experience involving marketing, communications, and public relations. Experience with grant making processes and nonprofits is preferred. A degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of work experience.
- Knowledge of the SCFD and statutory operations are a plus.
Physical Demands: Sedentary to moderate physical work depending upon assignment; may require ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds; may require lifting and carrying objects, regular standing, and walking; may require bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and climbing; eye/hand coordination for computer operation; may require eye/hand/foot coordination for operation of motor vehicle; vision to read reports and other written material; frequent speech and hearing to maintain communication with employees and constituents.
Work Environment: Works in a clean, comfortable environment.
Equipment Used: Standard business and professional equipment and tools including computers.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Communications Manager Position.” No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed through February 10, 2023.
The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District is an equal opportunity employer. The SCFD serves a diverse cultural community and public and encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds.