The Denver Foundation is looking for a community-focused Bilingual Receptionist who centers on mission-based work and that will support the foundation’s vision, mission, and purpose. Our Bilingual Receptionist is the initial point of contact for donors, grantees, visitors, the general public, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted by the foundation.
The Bilingual receptionist reports to the Director of Operational excellence and is a brand ambassador responsible for providing exceptional customer service to external and internal audiences at the foundation. This position is also responsible for our main office administrative functions.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado. We work on a hybrid schedule of at least two days in-office (Monday and Thursday required). The starting compensation range for this position is $ 19.25 to $ 21.63 per hour. This position is hourly, non-exempt and eligible for the foundation’s benefits. Benefits include paid time off, retirement (403b) contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. The starting salary will be based on experience.
The Denver Foundation is the largest and most experienced community foundation in the Rocky Mountain West. For nearly 100 years, people in Metro Denver and across Colorado have trusted The Denver Foundation to steward charitable funds to meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. In partnership with generous donors and community partners, we lead a community-wide effort to build a better future for everyone. The foundation's vision is a Metro Denver that is racially equitable in its leadership, prosperity, and culture, and we are a catalytic leader that engages in critical issues and accelerates systems change. To achieve this, we believe that all staff must be intentional in applying Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity to their practice. The ideal candidates for this position are committed to racial equity.
The Bilingual receptionist will facilitate the visitor experience by greeting external guests, walking them to meeting rooms, alerting staff when guests arrive, and answering questions as needed. They will serve as the primary staff person for all incoming phone calls and operate the telephone switchboard to answer screen, and forward calls.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the following key areas:
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Experience facilitating a positive experience for visitors
- Experience operating a multi-line phone system with a moderate volume of calls
- Experience providing meeting support, including materials and technology
- Demonstrated ability to center principles of equity in their work and to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and culture
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within and across teams
- Self-directed and highly organized; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to achieve deadlines, remain flexible, and work successfully through periods of increased volume and stress
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills
Candidates must possess the following:
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft products
A full job description and link to apply are available on our careers page at http://www.denverfoundation.org/About/Careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor all community members' diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.