Powered by a network of credit unions, GoWest Foundation is uniquely positioned to leverage and deliver resources that strengthen the financial lives of people and communities across a six-state region. As a part of the GoWest Credit Union Association family of organizations, GoWest Foundation serves not-for-profit member-owned financial cooperatives. Credit unions are more than financial services providers. They are socially responsible pillars in their communities, helping consumers achieve financial wellness while positively impacting the areas they serve. When you join the GoWest Foundation, you play a critical role in supporting the region’s credit unions, so they can continue to make a positive difference in the lives of their members and communities.
We offer a smart working environment which provides flexibility and choice for our team members. Employees have the flexibility to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely from within one of our regional states (AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA, & WY) or in one of our offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop and execute a comprehensive strategic plan for the GoWest Foundation.
- Monitor the annual operating budget and monthly financials.
- Oversee consistent delivery of GoWest Foundation brand across communications, website, engagement with credit unions, and involvement with community partners.
- Work with the Executive Director to identify Foundation strategic priorities, program/initiative focus areas, and organizational goals on an annual basis.
- Work collaboratively with multiple Association departments (Advocacy, Marketing and Communications, Member Engagement) to advance community impact strategies and Foundation programs.
- Lead and manage a cross-enterprise team to engage with Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Certified credit unions and support the CDFI credit union community by providing timely information/resources and convening the network of CDFI credit unions on a regular basis.
- Support credit unions in accessing funding resources to advance their community impact work through the GoWest grants, CDFI Fund, NCUA grants, philanthropic funders, other funding opportunities, and external partners.
- Build knowledge and expertise of community impact focus areas including CDFI/Low Income Designated credit unions, rural communities, housing, and other emerging issue areas impacting the region. Provide written materials, verbal and visual presentations, research summaries, talking points, and other materials to articulate key findings.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, prepare an annual fund development plan to guide key fundraising strategies and initiatives, inclusive of credit union annual giving, outside funders, vendors/business partners, major donors, individual donors, and Friends of the Foundation
- Develop and manage credit union partnerships, collaboratives, and pilot programs aligned with the strategic priorities of the Foundation.
The ideal candidate is an intrepid leader with four to five years of sector experience in leading nonprofit or community development programs. This position requires you to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to launch and manage large initiatives, an attention to detail, and a team work ethic.
Salary ranges from $70-$85k base salary, depending on experience. This position is eligible for a variable pay program which has a potential 10% of base salary earnings. Employees (and dependents 50%) are covered by medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability. Employees are eligible to enroll in our 401k plan. New employees will accrue 15 days of vacation and 8 days of paid time off. In addition, employees will enjoy eleven paid holidays and two floating holidays.
GoWest Credit Union Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com with the job #3450 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802.