The Denver Foundation seeks an equity-focused Associate Scholarship Officer for our Reisher scholarship program, who centers on mission-based work supporting the foundation’s vision, mission, and purpose. Our associate scholarships officer is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with partner institutions in support of the Reisher Scholars Program.
The Associate Scholarships Officer reports to the Senior Director of Scholarships and requires at least two years of experience in scholarship program support, donor service/fundraising, higher education administration, or equivalent experience. This role must also have familiarity and experience with responding to questions from students, parents, counselors, and college representatives regarding scholarship application processes, familiarity with other available resources, and knowledge of how scholarships and financial aid work together.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado. We work on a hybrid schedule of at least two days in the office (Monday and Thursday required). The starting salary for this position is $51,000 to $58,000 per year. This position is salaried, exempt, and eligible for all the foundation’s benefits. Benefits include paid time off, retirement 403(b) contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. The starting salary will be based on experience.
For nearly 100 years, people in Metro Denver and across Colorado have trusted The Denver Foundation to steward charitable funds to meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. In partnership with generous donors and community partners, we lead a community-wide effort to build a better future for everyone. The foundation's vision is a Metro Denver that is racially equitable in its leadership, prosperity, and culture, and we are a catalytic leader that engages in critical issues and accelerates systems change. To achieve this, all staff must intentionally apply Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to their practice. The ideal candidates for this position are committed to racial equity.
The Associate Scholarship Officer will serve as the liaison for up to two partner institutions and ensure compliance and adherence to the Reisher Scholars Program policies and practices. This role works closely with other members of the Scholarships and Impact teams and various internal and external stakeholders. The position is also responsible for overseeing specific aspects of the Reisher Scholars Program, including the additional semester and summer awarding, scholar appeals, transfers and student abroad submissions, data tracking, and success measures tracking.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the following key areas:
- Providing scholarship program support
- Working in higher education
- Having a sound understanding of how scholarship programs and financial aid work
- Program management
- Effectively using different types of technology
- Thinking outside of the box
- Highly collaborative work
Candidates must possess the following:
- At least two years of experience in scholarship program support, donor service/fundraising, higher education administration, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and experience with responding to questions from students, parents, counselors, and college representatives regarding scholarship application processes; familiarity with other available resources and how scholarships and financial aid work together
- Commitment to education
- Self-directed and highly organized; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and steward relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent analytical, administrative, computer, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve deadlines, remain flexible, and work successfully through periods of increased volume and stress
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to center principles of equity in their work
- Belief in the model of community foundations
- An unwavering commitment to racial equity
A full job description and application link are available on our careers page at http://www.denverfoundation.org/About/Careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor all community members' diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.