The Donnell-Kay Foundation (DK Foundation) is seeking a positive and energetic person to oversee the daily administrative operations of our Colorado-based, private family foundation and to provide support for our sister nonprofit, RESCHOOL.
For over two decades, DK has invested in efforts to improve public education in Colorado, from state policy to early-stage seed funding for innovative organizations and new learning models. As part of its mission, DK has hired smart, passionate, curious, and thoughtful individuals committed to improving the lives of children and families in this state.
The Donnell-Kay Foundation is a private family foundation incorporated in 1965 through a trust by the Kay Family. Today our office is located in the historic Equitable Building on the corner of 17th Street and Stout Street in downtown Denver. DK operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and invests $1.5 million annually in people, initiatives, and programs.
This is a part-time job (24 hours/week) with full benefits.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the DK and RESCHOOL staff. We are currently a team of eight.
- Coordinate grant management and disbursement for DK.
- Lead on human resources duties: onboarding, benefit management, employee handbook updates.
- Responsible for coordinating and maintaining all office and technology needs, including computer network, hardware, email server, internet, telephone system, building management, conference room coordination etc.
- Lead on event management.
- Lead on operations for the Foundation and support operations for RESCHOOL.
- Manages the DK website, with the support of a contracted web developer.
- Manages DK social media accounts, listservs and newsletter communication.
- Contact for the DK/RESCHOOL Board of Directors.
- Provides Executive Director accurate and timely financial information and, in partnership with the contracted accountant, provide periodic financial statements, quarterly budget expenses and forecasts, and other financial analyses to support decision-making.
- Oversee accounting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and benefits, in partnership with our contracted accountant.
- Oversee all employee benefit issues, including administration of 401(k) accounts and insurance.
- Interfaces with federal, state, and city agencies on financial, licensing and tax matters (including monthly, quarterly and preparation information for annual tax filings of W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Works with contracted accountant and tax firm to provide necessary information to complete foundation annual 990 and periodic tax payments.
- Maintains banking relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic accounting/math skills and knowledge of Quickbooks and/or a desire to learn it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail. Able to work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Good with response time, timelines and follow-through.
- Self-directed with the ability to work as part of a team.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with website maintenance, social media management and software programs.
- Experience in event planning, itinerary development, research, project management.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector.
HOW TO APPLY
We would like to hire someone to start as soon as they are available, but no later than September 1, 2022.
Applications will be accepted through July 15, 2022, however, we may close the application period prior to that date. We encourage you to apply early! Initial discussions with applicants will take place on a rolling basis, both virtually and in-person. Final interviews will also take place on a rolling basis and no later than the first week of August, in person.
No prior educational sector experience is required nor are advanced degrees. The ideal team member is hard working, a good communicator, excellent with data and detail, self-motivated, has the ability to work independently (as well as part of a small team), and has a growth mind-set.
To apply, please email Tony Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org) a one-page description of your interest, short bio, and what compels you to seek this job. Attaching a resume is recommended for us to see what work and life experiences you’ve had.
DK is an equal opportunity employer – looking to build a diverse team. Come join us and help us build a Foundation where we're all proud to belong.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. DK is a place where everyone can grow.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day. At this point in time, we are planning to be a hybrid organization – meeting by phone, Zoom, and in-person. For the immediate future, plan on being in the office at least two to three days a week. Schedules are flexible and built around the belief that work is a part of life, but that life comes first.
$30,000 - $40,000 for 24 hours/week (salaried position); commensurate with experience.
Eligible DK employees are offered a wide range of benefits, including:
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Family, Medical, and Bereavement Leave
Matching Donation Program