Who is Community First?
Community First Foundation has been connecting donors and innovative Colorado nonprofits since 1975. As the community foundation serving Jefferson County, we are committed to activating ideas, people, and resources so that all Jeffco communities have the opportunity to thrive. And we say “all communities” because equity and inclusion are non-negotiables. Our work is rooted in a commitment to radical listening, relentless collaboration, and constant learning. Let’s dream big and make something better today!
About the Position
As the Administrative Assistant for Finance and Marketing, you do a lot more than schedule meetings. You are an organizational guru with an eye for detail and a reputation for creating clarity out of chaos. You love keeping to-do lists, for yourself and others. In fact, you’ve a knack for anticipating what other people need before they do. If you are happiest when you’re behind the scenes, keeping the gears moving and making sure deadlines aren’t missed, please read on as this may be just the job for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist department heads with scheduling meetings, including related tasks like agenda preparation and meeting technology configuration
- Coordinate travel arrangements for department heads, including event registration and lodging.
- Schedule department team meetings and provide support such as preparing agendas
- Proofread and edit correspondence including emails, agendas and other documents as requested
- Communicate with and provide information to teams as needed
- Take phone calls and review incoming correspondence to provide resolution to constituent questions and issues
- Anticipate the needs of department heads in order to ensure work is accomplished
- Coordinate special projects and any other administrative tasks as directed by department heads
- Serve as receptionist by greeting and assisting visitors
- Manage the front desk, routing callers to the appropriate party and help to answer questions and resolve issues
- Provide exceptional service to other employees, donors and nonprofit partners
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow a range of directions
- Both reliable and dependable
- Highly organized with attention to details and timeliness
- Can anticipate needs, adapt to changing priorities and multiple demands within short timeframes
- Preferred knowledge of scheduling applications and conferencing technology
Education, Experience, and Certificates
- High School diploma or equivalent years of experience required
- Some experience in customer service, scheduling coordination, and/or collaboration with different teams
Benefits and Perks:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $42,000 - $47,000 plus up to 5% bonus and an extensive benefits package including:
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• 401(k) / retirement plan
• 401(k) employer matching
• Life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• Flexible schedule
• Employee assistance program
• Paid family leave
• Professional development assistance
• Paid holidays
• Remote work / telecommuting options
• Workplace perks
We are also conveniently located on the G-line in Old Town Arvada. Oh, and we’re pretty fun so we think you’ll like working with us.
By now you’re at the bottom of this job posting so chances are you’re probably interested in this role. If you’re hesitant because you don’t meet every requirement, but you think you’re a fit, please give it a shot and apply!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
You are valued and you belong. We are committed to maintaining the best possible environment for our employees where people can show up as their authentic selves and grow with the Foundation. We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive workplace and we can only achieve this together.
In that spirit, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.