About the organization
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation works every day to preserve the shared community values that make our valley such a special place to work, live, raise a family, and enjoy the beauty of our surroundings. Over our 40-year history, YVCF has become integral to the vibrancy of the Yampa Valley. We provide support for local nonprofits in helping them fulfill their missions and build capacity, partnership for philanthropists who want to make an impact through their giving, and resources for our communities in addressing challenges.
What we do
Through our deep relationships with local nonprofit organizations and other community leaders, the Yampa Valley Community Foundation (YVCF) monitors the pulse of the community – what makes it special, what challenges our residents face, and where the greatest needs exist. Being 100% locally based and focused, we provide these essential services:
- We engage donors in meaningful giving with the goal of fostering a culture of meaningful philanthropy.
- We strengthen and sustain local nonprofits, amplifying their accomplishments in the Yampa Valley.
- We make and facilitate impactful grants.
- We build community, catalyzing innovative and collaborative solutions to our community’s most important unmet needs.
- We lead in times of crisis, collaborating to swiftly raise and grant back out funding to meet immediate needs in our community.
What it’s like to work at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation
As a nonprofit, mission-oriented organization, YVCF staff are primarily motivated by the work we do and the culture we offer. Our work culture inspires face-to-face interaction, idea sharing, serendipitous interactions and informal meetings. Our team is highly collaborative - everyone pitches in and everyone shares in the success of the organization. Each staff member is a passionate and effective ambassador for the organization.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Process accounts payable, credit card transactions, fixed asset transactions, and cash receipts utilizing Community Suite while maintaining strong data integrity and following appropriate procedures and techniques.
- Enter and process grants for review. Ensure proper documentation is submitted, reviewed for errors and irregularities.
- Process donations, issue tax receipts and make bank deposits.
- Assist with annual budget preparation, audit preparation, and in preparing monthly financial reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain well-documented procedures, identify opportunities for procedure efficiencies and improvements to internal controls, and train necessary staff members on transaction processing.
- Help ensure compliance with all local, state and federal accounting and reporting requirements.
- Assist with other special projects as assigned by Finance & HR Director.
- Perform general clerical duties included but not limited to electronic filing and documentation, database management, office supply ordering, maintaining staff and office calendars, and coordinating office maintenance and cleaning.
- Greet visitors to the office, answer general questions, and direct them to the appropriate staff member. Answer incoming telephone inquiries and redirect as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support to staff with special emphasis in coordinating meetings, marketing, mailings and other staff functions.
- Provides support for special events throughout the year.
- Supports YVCF’s mission through assisting or leading special projects.
- At least 3 years of clerical accounting, general office and administrative experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (especially Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated initiative. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details. Must be able to enter data efficiently and accurately.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, adapt to daily challenges and rapid changes, and perform duties proficiently. The ideal candidate will have the ability to coordinate several activities effectively during the day and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly.
- Ability to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
- Ability to work full time, in-person, in the office.
- Background with non-profit organizations or philanthropy.
- Experience working with accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics, or equivalent experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time. This position is full-time, in the office. Remote work is not available for this position.
Compensation: This is a full-time (40 hours/week) exempt position. The Yampa Valley Community Foundation offers an attractive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution, ski pass, matching charitable gift program, and medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. The starting salary for this position ranges from $45,000 to $55,000, depending upon experience. The position will be supervised by the Finance Director/Director of Human Resources and will report to the Executive Director.
The Yampa Valley Community Foundation’s anti-discrimination policy: It is the policy of the Yampa Valley Community Foundation to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons. The Yampa Valley Community Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical ability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to Tim Wohlgenant, Executive Director, at email@example.com.