Fort Collins, CO
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting and Reporting
- Oversees general ledger activity and ensures a timely and accurate close to the monthly books, including reconciliations for all investments and bank accounts.
- Processes weekly accounts payable and makes certain the Foundation is meeting financial obligations in a timely manner and staying within budget.
- Oversees weekly gift processing and receipting.
- Ensures appropriate levels of cash on hand for operations.
- Assists with tracking and analysis of monthly expenditures and staff expense reports.
- Serves as a financial reporting resource to internal and external stakeholders.
- Processes timely and accurate preparation of payroll with Director of Finance. Works with Operations Officer on human resource areas that overlap with payroll and finance.
- Prepares monthly investment reconciliation of pooled and individual accounts.
- Assists Director of Finance with Finance Committee activity including recording of minutes.
- Maintains positive relationships with investment and banking contacts and collaborate with them as necessary on investment accounts.
- Minimum of one year of general accounting experience. Fund accounting and foundation experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance required.
- Understanding of the various types of charitable funds and their associated tax benefits preferred.
- Experience preparing dashboards and financial reports.
- Previous experience using Blackbaud is a plus.
- Advanced technological aptitude; high-level competency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong time management/organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze and think critically; ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.