Our regional Community Foundation is seeking a hands-on and experienced Accountant to join our 8-person staff team in Grand Junction, CO. The Western Colorado Community Foundation manages $85 million in assets and awarded $4.5 million in grants and scholarships in 2019.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Process day-to-day accounting tasks including accounts payable, GL, gift and grant entry, oversight of deposits, payments and credit cards, investment transactions.
Prepare reports for monthly cash needs and manage deposits and transfers.
Collect and reconcile monthly reports from banks and investment managers. Generate internal financial reports and cross check for accuracy.
Prepare variety of reports including financial statements for boad and fund statements for donors.
Assist with budget preparation and monitoring $1 million operating budget.
Prepare for and manage all documentation for the annual independent audit process and 990.
Actively participate in accounting software selection and conversion process.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, management, finance or accounting.
- Strong accounting background and at least 8 years of accounting experience in increasingly complex roles and/or business environments.
- Knowledge of accounting and tax principles and fund accounting related to nonprofit organizations.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with multiple accounting software applications. Demonstrated ability to learn new software programs.
- Solid understanding of investments and their reporting.
- Detail oriented with a solid knowledge of accepted accounting practices and financial accounting standards. Ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently and set own deadlines.
- Interest in our philanthropic mission and commitment to learn specialized rules and regulations of the Community Foundation field.
- Available and willing to work evenings and weekends on occasion, especially at quarter and year-end.